Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm Back

Well, I've been out on a binge for a little while now. Acting dumb and reverting back to my old ways put me back where I always end up... wishing I didn't do the things I did! I haven't been keeping up with the work I said I was gonna do and I haven't progressed at all. I feel ashamed of myself but I also feel like I am growing up a little more. I am not going to put myself through the stupidity anymore.

A strange thing happened to me today. I realized something that is obvious once stated but was just never brought to my attention before. As I was growing up my family prosperity and disparage followed the national economy pretty well. I realized that we were just part of the system. I decided that I don't want to continue down that path anymore. It makes sense but I know what the picture looks like and I don't want to be part of it anymore. I refuse to live as a victim of circumstance.

I will never raise a family that is dependant upon how the economy is doing. I will always have a source of income, always have a back-up plan. I am an investor, and an entrepreneur. I have so much information stored in my brain that it is ridiculous that I am not yet filthy rich. I know what to do but I don't do it. Now is the perfect time to change that!

Discipline is the biggest obstacle that I must overcome. I very much dislike schedules. I don't want to be a slave to my work and lifestyle. That is the main reason why I am doing the work online that I do. Another obstacle that I must overcome is my flakiness. I don't know how else to describe the way I am except that I get all gung ho about the next big thing that I find online that I believe is going to make me an overnight success and when a couple of days go by with unspectacular results I abandon it and move on to the next big thing.

Sometimes it is for the right reasons and other times it is because I have no patience and sometimes it is just plain laziness. I have some very powerful software, and tons of helpful information guides. Keyword Elite, SEO Elite, and Affiliate Elite are all awesome, but they take time to use, and understand. I am using KE to run a small email list but I am not profiting from it. I don't want to bombard my subscribers with tons of email solicitations like I get daily and I don't want them to think that I only want them on my list to sell them products. I do want to be able to offer valuable products to them in a reasonable, respectable manner.

I just recently picked up Affiliate Elite and I can see some potential in it. I also have a subscription to iContent robot which also has some possible uses. I haven't used either one enough yet to get any results worth mentioning but I also haven't been using them with enough discipline or direction to get any results.

So, I am back to square one, focus on one thing, get good at it and then expand from there. Since I have so many items on my plate right now I have some tough decisions to make. I can't eat it all right now but it all looks so good. I have to decide soon what path I am going to take.

No comments: