Monday, January 14, 2008

Article marketing

Well, yesterday I was talking about getting an article site like ezinearticles.com set up for AdSense. Today I did it. Now, I need to get more authors to link to it or, use it for their own articles. How I'm going to do it is a good question. I know that many people use article directories to get their articles published and get their site link on many different sites. I need to find a way to drive visitors to this new site and I am not exactly sure how to do it. I also need to fiddle with it to get it to look good. It is very basic right now. I also need to add links to it on my other sites for good measure. Since I am writing about it here I guess I could give it a plug. Check it out at http://www.globalinternetfortunes.com and let me know what you think.

Now, to go back a little here, I talked a while back about focus (in one of my past posts), and if you have followed my story at all it may seem like I am jumping around all the time. I try something, write about it, put a link to it on my site because I am an affiliate for it and then move on to something new. This is a progression. I did start making money on AdSense but it was very little and I realized what one of the more popular sites is doing and decided to give it a shot. I am focusing on AdSense for generating an income.

With this article marketing site I am using it as a way to have many different pages all with AdSense ads on them. I also get to have other authors give me content for free (ideally). When they do this it is beneficial for the both of us. I get another page of content that I can put AdSense on and the author get a link to their site from the same web page. Another benefit to the author is that this article is also available for another person, who is looking for content for their site, the opportunity to publish this article to their site with the author's bio box in it with another link back to his/her site. By doing this I have created a win-win-win situation. If all goes well then I should begin seeing my AdSense income increase here shortly.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you where I got the software to create such a website so quickly. I used a script for article marketing from ArticleDirectoryPro.com which is very simple to use. It took me about 2 hours to get it up and running. Most of that time was spent waiting for files to upload to my server. They even give you a few hundred articles to put on your site immediately so that you can get started right away. I am going to go ahead and look at some of the other bonuses they gave me and see how it will help me get traffic to my new site.

No comments: