Thursday, October 2, 2014

Is Selling Solo Ads The Answer?

So, I recently came across the idea of selling solo ads for profit. The main attraction is being able to make money without setting up a website and an email list and just turn it off and on like a money making faucet. I bought a video training course to learn how to buy and sell Solo Ads. The course is called Solo Ad Business Blue Print. I am a little disappointed. It does show you how to set up a website and set up an autoresponder and how to get hosting and it even gives a little "funnel" diagram on how the traffic will flow.

It is important to know howto do all of these things but it doesn't really give much in depth on how to actually get business. The whole process starts getting confusing when you start sending traffic here and then they decide, like a choose your own adventure novel from elementary school, if they are gonna go with option 1 or 2 and then what happens to them when they get to there option and these are the prospects you want to email on Tuesday at 8 am and the others go on another list and they get blasted an email at 12 noon and... Pretty soon you can't tell if your supposed to be getting an email or sending one and if your getting on people's email lists or are they signing up for yours?

The course seemed to just skim right past the idea of not needing a list or website or anything to get started in this business. Maybe she meant that you didn't need that stuff in order to buy her course. She is right about that. After doing some more thorough research I found a few blogs that give the same concepts away for free. If you want to learn how to setup a domain and hosting and some link rotators this course is for you. One other disappointment for me was that it was all in video format. I like to be able to read the instructions. I don't like rewatching a video when I need to reference what to do. I know that you can go through each video and pause it, do the work described, watch more and continue that way but I don't know how to download to my computer and my satellite internet provider charges by the gigabyte. It gets expensive in both time and money with a video only course. I should have done more research but it was less than $15. I should've went with the $9 one.

I do want to get to the point where I can outsource all my tasks and be on vacation most of the time. That takes work to achieve too, i guess. What I would like to have recieved is an actual blueprint for just the middleman part of the business. You can sell ads first and then buy cheaper ones. Then send your traffic to the list you bought from. You keep the difference. How do you get into this business without a website and without a customer email list? Who do you contact? Where do you advertise? How do you advertise? What do you do with what you sell (because you need an income before you can spend)? I will do some research and start my Solo Ad Empire! I will sell some clicks first then buy some cheaper ones to reap the spread!

I will document my strategy here and try to keep it as cheap as possible. I set up a website already and an autoresponder. I also got some hosting. $54.95 for 6 months of hosting. Domain was under $11 at Namecheap.com. Autoresponder was free for 30 days at getresponse.com. The course I got cost 3 days of frustration and $14.87. I got what I paid for but not what I wanted. Now I have to invest another $9 to find the information I thought I was getting or just be brave and start selling clicks for others and pocketing the difference.

Where do I start? The course and the free sources suggested some facebook groups and skype. I just don't know how to get started without having any credibility in the industry. I have to have some way to answer questions. I am getting some ideas right now. I could send the questions I get to the person I am planning on buying from and send the answers to the one I am selling to. It seems a little sneaky but then again, it is how business is done in lots of industries. Like the department store or grocery store's generic brands. I am selling a generic product to another person. If I buy from a reputable source I need to find away to keep costs down so there is room to profit. How can I get quality low cost clicks that I can flip for a quick profit from? The one question I fear is what is your proof. What do I say? I guess I just pass it on. Is that an ethical business model to follow? Am I misleading the customer?

I think I just found out something about myself. I am unsure how to handle questions that I don't have the answer to. I just figured out how to clear a hurdle that has been bothering me for quite some time now. I think I am ready to get my feet wet. How do I attract buyers? If I post in a group do all of my friends see what I am doing? I don't want my friends to be bothered with what I am talking about as a business. Although, when I am operating smoothly I can write an actual course and make a profit. Or, I can send them to my website and get commissions off the products they buy that I recommend for their business. I will see what resources are actually needed and see how I can automate the whole process. Maybe I can become an affiliate marketer and outsource all the tasks to virtual assistants and have them do all the tasks I do and make a profit off collaborating the operation.

Automation is my next goal, once I am profitable and sustainable. I want my wife to be home or out traveling with my son and me. I want to spend his childhood doing the things I didn't get to do because we couldn't afford it. We could do this work from almost anywhere now. I just have to get the cashflow up to cover her income. We are living well at that level. If she is home and can do what I think is going to work and we are both making what she is making now and working less time at it then we will be living a fancy life.

First and foremost, I need to make enough to replace her income. Second I need to exceed that income to allow us to quickly prosper.Automation is the goal. What can I automate? Writing ads and posting in facebook groups. I don't know about Skype yet. I am going to have to learn about it and see if I can make it work on autopilot. I have a feeling that I may have to find a few more income streams that I can start and automate. Automation is going to be another part of the guide.

Time to get to work!

No comments: