Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No More Money Coming In?!!

I am not getting any clicks on my adsense ads! I made 4 cents yesterday and nothing so far today. I wish I were telling you that all this hard work is paying off, but it isn't. I guess I need to submit more articles and keep on creating content. I am getting restless waiting for something to happen with my websites. I am happy that I am finally getting more favorable results from my efforts more often but I am not happy with today's results.

I keep spending time checking to see if anything new has come up with my traffic stats and if anyone has clicked any of my AdSense ads. I keep checking as if something magical is going to happen in the three minutes since the last time I checked my stats. It is kind of like gambling, you press a button and see if it is going to show you that you've finally hit the jackpot, and just like gambling you usually end up wasting your time!

I know that this is different since I am not risking any more money each time I press the buttons but I am still wasting my time. I need to focus on certain tasks at certain times so that I can advance my business. I need to set up a time of day that I can check stats. I also need to realize that most of the stats reported can be found in one place, my cpanel. So, I'll spend no more than 1/2 an hour on my stats, at least for right now. I will keep making more webpages on keyword phrases that are low competition and keep submitting articles to the directories until I start seeing an income from AdSense. When I begin earning $5/day with a site I will start paying more attention to it. I will try to monetize it more.

For now I will make my main goal to be getting one site to earn $5 for 2 days in a row. That is it. Once I hit that goal I will make another more challenging goal. I will give myself 30 days to achieve this goal.

I found a website today that seemed interesting. I am trying to decide if I should start promoting it right now or wait until I achieve my goal and then start on it. I think I'll send a link to it with my keyword lists. I will just mention it the way I talked about right now. I need to get some sleep now.

No comments: