Friday, March 21, 2008

Today's Niche

Today's niche, 'starting a business' has some words that I think I can deal with. They have a decent spread between the 1 & 3 positions. The other problem I am running into is figuring out what the actual results in my Keyword Elite program are showing me. When I do the "Analyze Pay-Per-Click Listings" report I have the option to have the results shown from different types of searches. There is a title, anchor and text option. I think that they show results based upon Google's searches results for those specific searches. For example, if you did the research for the keyword 'tiger' with the box 'Title Results' checked and you get a number of results reported by keyword Elite, you can get the same results by typing in 'allintitle:tiger' into the Google search engine. The same applies for the 'Anchor results' box. I need to go back into Keyword Elite and re educate myself on this specific part of the tool.

Honestly, I don't know if the results will be counted twice if the website has the title in some anchor text somewhere in the page or what kind of count you'd get if you left the boxes unchecked. I also need to learn how those numbers are important when choosing a niche word for the Arbitrage model.

Today I am going to try something a little different. I am going to optimize a page, for one of the keywords I generated from today's niche. I am choosing a keyword that has more than one dollar spread in the bid prices of the top three AdWords Positions. I am going to bid at 60% of the 3rd position bid. From what I read yesterday that is the approximate amount that AdSense pays you, 65% of what the Advertiser is charged for the click. When I put the AdSense Code on my page I will only have a few places available for the Advertisers. Probably 3 or for available positions at the most. That means that only the top paying ads should be shown on my site.

I have big plans for this but I first need to see some positive results. I think that I am starting to get this Arbitrage method down. Of course, I thought that the first time I read the Keyword Elite Case Study on "AdSense Arbitrage" and I failed miserably quite a few times.

Today I've already spent more than I've earned in the arbitrage game, but I've also gained a little more insight and I am a little closer to making it big online! I will report more tomorrow on how things are going.

No comments: