Saturday, July 21, 2007

Find Your Passion

Love what you do. I am writing this blog about what I like to do. I like to make money and I like the idea of making money quickly. I have also read many books about making money quickly. I don't believe that there are too many scams out there about making money because they all say pretty much the same things. Some of them offer the information in an easier to understand and easier to follow manner but they are all set up to give you ideas on making money. The idea that I have really bought into is real estate.

I like the idea of real estate. I want to be a real estate investor. I have read extensively on the subject and I have a good idea how it is supposed to work. The one thing I haven't done is follow the directions of the guru's. I guess I have tried a couple of things but I haven't actually set my mind to it and taken action to attain the success I desire. I am a little lazy and a little fearful of the whole concept.

I find it difficult to stick to something that I don't have to do. I do have to go to work every day if I want to have a place to live and have food to eat but I don't have to invest in real estate for that. Although I don't have to invest in real estate it keeps creeping into my head that I should do it. So, I have decided to give it another shot. I plan to set it up so that I it is like a hobby. Since I don't have tons of money to spend on advertising and business cards and a fancy website I've got to start small.

I like to help people. I also like to teach people. That is why I am writing this blog along with the fact that I could earn money from it. As I am writing this I am also devising a plan to invest in real estate. I am going to need another website devoted to this project. I have a friend who is a website designer. I will call him tomorrow to get his help on this project.

My idea is to call the for sale by owner ads in the paper and try to negotiate a contract that is helpful for the situation they are in and profitable to me as an investor. If I can't find a profitable solution to their situation I will advertise , for free, the property on my site for them until it sells. The site will also list the properties I have under contract. That is almost too simple. I know that there are many more things for me to consider but it is just a rough outline for what I plan to do.

There are more things I'd like to do with this idea but I want to keep it simple and focused. When this strategy becomes successful I will implement more strategies into it to create multiple streams of income. Which reminds me, Multiple Streams of Income, is a book by Robert Allen that details the process of earning residual income from multiple sources. I am throwing this in because if you click on the link and buy the book from amazon I earn a commission and also because it is a helpful resource in the cash quest. One of the main sources of income that Robert Allen talks about is Real Estate. As you can see I am implementing the strategy of multiple streams of income into this blog and you can learn how to do this too by reading this blog and get a more in depth and professional book about it. The main thing is find something you are passionate about and find a way to make it profitable.

No comments: